Sonata Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.hyundaiconway.com/new/Hyundai/2012-Hyundai-Sonata-2773e0d10a0d066900157e438b580665.htm
This on in particular. Navigation added and moon/sunroof. This is my first time getting a Hyundai. Are there any known problems I should expect with this car? Is the mileage pretty accurate in the 22/34 rating? I'm trading my dream truck and want to make a right decision. I notice there isn't much of an aftermarket yet. Is there a possibility of a decent tuner coming out anytime soon?

I'd link my truck but it's on autotrader. I don't want it to look like a sales ad. lol
#0471 of 3057 VTR-0145 big_ol_meat - Viper Truck Registry Wiki
I do have this though. :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Superior Hyundai Conway | Greater Little Rock Hyundai dealership | Russellville Arkansas New & Used Cars
This on in particular. Navigation added and moon/sunroof. This is my first time getting a Hyundai. Are there any known problems I should expect with this car? Is the mileage pretty accurate in the 22/34 rating? I'm trading my dream truck and want to make a right decision. I notice there isn't much of an aftermarket yet. Is there a possibility of a decent tuner coming out anytime soon?

I'd link my truck but it's on autotrader. I don't want it to look like a sales ad. lol

That depends on what you want a tuner to do. Most of the things that tuners, including ourseves, will do is
1. lower the car with appropriate 1.5" springs
2. change antisway bar settings to improve hanldling. The Sonata's we've played with have heavy oversteer and too sensitive steering
3. install better wheels and tires, wider, perhapdlower profile to maintain diameter of tires with wider but less offset wheels to improve stance and handling.
Most of that stuff is readilyavailable already.
Now if you're looking for cosmetic stuff ou're right there's not a whole lot but better light bubs certainly are, striping is too.
(we like the reflrctive type that insures visibiity at night).
If you have even average mechanical ability you can do these yourself.

what do you want from a tuner?
cheers.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Superior Hyundai Conway | Greater Little Rock Hyundai dealership | Russellville Arkansas New & Used Cars

Why get rid of the truck? What do you expect out of the Sonata? It's a practical car that has some fun to it. What do you plan to do with it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts