Sonata Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I ran over a deer during the summer... it was already dead, just that a truck was in front of me and I didn't see it until too late. So my front tow hook gutted the carcass and blood and guts spattered all over my engine bay... So now after looking at my engine bay, I noticed by the firewall there are dried pieces of grass that the deer had eaten previously that had stuck onto the firewall, and there are random blood spots around the radiator fan and exhaust manifold.

My question is, whats the easiest way to get rid of all this crap? I was thinking of spraying it down with a power hose.

·
Registered
80 Posts
So I ran over a deer during the summer... it was already dead, just that a truck was in front of me and I didn't see it until too late. So my front tow hook gutted the carcass and blood and guts spattered all over my engine bay... So now after looking at my engine bay, I noticed by the firewall there are dried pieces of grass that the deer had eaten previously that had stuck onto the firewall, and there are random blood spots around the radiator fan and exhaust manifold.

My question is, whats the easiest way to get rid of all this crap? I was thinking of spraying it down with a power hose.
Maybe some engine gunk cleaner spray along with the power hose and make the whole engine bay shinny and new. :D

·
Registered
34 Posts
Use Purple Power, or Simple Green. You can get them both at Walmart.
Spray the area and let it soak, then hose it down.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Use an engine degreaser product to soak the residue and then power wash the engine bay paying attention to not get the electronics, battery, and intake (if you have an aftermarket intake) wet.

·
Registered
130 Posts
When you do wash your engine bay make sure to cover open components such as the alternator and never spray around that area just to make sure water doesn't get in it. That can be a costly fix!

After using degreaser, spraying it down, you can use tire shine on a rag to make the plastic really shine.

·
Registered
374 Posts
the engine on the 2009 Sonata is covered pretty well so i wouldn't worry too much about getting water in the engine it's self. You can use a power washer, just don't spray up close and directly at the engine, an engine degreaser with a power washer mildly spray the engine should get it clean enough.

Just make sure you don't get rid of any rust proofing that may seem like dirt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts