Sonata Forums banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the Gencoupe Forum, one of the threads that allows owners to let other owners know what modifications they've done to their Genesis Coupe has the title, "What Did You Do To Your Genesis Today?" so I'd like to start the same kind of thread here!

So, whenever you do something to your Sonata, post up here and let the other members know so we all can get an idea of what we can do to make our Sonata's better vehicles!!! HYUNDAI RULES!!! Post up and let's get this forum POPPIN'!!! :D

·
Registered
115 Posts
i attempted to do zebra clothed pillars yesterday...i say attempted because i tucked one side in then cut the other side not realizing i pulled out the side i tucked int, therefore making it too short -__-

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i attempted to do zebra clothed pillars yesterday...i say attempted because i tucked one side in then cut the other side not realizing i pulled out the side i tucked int, therefore making it too short -__-
So were you able to start over and get it done? Pictures please! :D

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha noo its gunna have to wait i wont have time until next week right now there stickerbombed ill get pics of those one day+redid my brakes black and went a tad lower
Well don't be stingy, LOL. Let us see pictures of what you did? When you say you re-did your brakes black, are you talking about the calipers? And of course you know we all like to do like they say when doing the limbo....HOW LOW CAN YOU GO?! So pics of that too! :D Now I think its known as Hella Flush, ROTFL!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Well don't be stingy, LOL. Let us see pictures of what you did? When you say you re-did your brakes black, are you talking about the calipers? And of course you know we all like to do like they say when doing the limbo....HOW LOW CAN YOU GO?! So pics of that too! :D Now I think its known as Hella Flush, ROTFL!
ill get some pics of the pillars once theyre done lol, heres a couple pics to see the lowness only about a 1/2-1inch lower than before to make it more flush, unfortunately i cant go lower unless i were to cut a hole in my shock tower because my control arm knocks on bumps :mad: and the brakes i redid the fronts and painted the rears (calipers and rotors)

Attachments

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ill get some pics of the pillars once theyre done lol, heres a couple pics to see the lowness only about a 1/2-1inch lower than before to make it more flush, unfortunately i cant go lower unless i were to cut a hole in my shock tower because my control arm knocks on bumps :mad: and the brakes i redid the fronts and painted the rears (calipers and rotors)
It looks GOOD! Wish you had some pics of the calipers and rotors. Are your tires "stretched" (I think that's what they call it) on those rims to give you that "buldging out" effect of the tires like that? And I was going to go through all your posts to see if I could find it, but decided to be lazy and just ask; what lip is that and where did you get it from and how did you do the installation?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I didn't do any of the work so it's 100% legit but I got the car back yesterday after having new stoptech rotors and ceramic pads put in. Amazing how much of a difference this does even though they fresh and not broken in yet.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I didn't do any of the work so it's 100% legit but I got the car back yesterday after having new stoptech rotors and ceramic pads put in. Amazing how much of a difference this does even though they fresh and not broken in yet.
Hey Canucker, how bout some pics? Did you just get the standard rotors or just drilled, just slotted or drilled & slotted? Who did you get them from? I ordered Centric drilled & slotted rotors and StopTech pads from Zeckhausen Racing; total price including shipping $535.61 and that included a 5% discount for being on the forums.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I Painted my engine cover today. Heart Red. Will post pix soon. I first need to paint some other parts of the engine bay.
PICS or it didn't happen, LOL!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Pic 2 and 3, shows my engine bay painted black. 1st pic shows how dirty, dull, and boring it looks in white. The reason why I wanted it all black is to illuminate my engine cover. It's the "Heart" of the car. Soon I will paint the grey part of the engine cover a dark, flatter grey.

Attachments

·
Registered
216 Posts
Pic 2 and 3, shows my engine bay painted black. 1st pic shows how dirty, dull, and boring it looks in white. The reason why I wanted it all black is to illuminate my engine cover. It's the "Heart" of the car. Soon I will paint the grey part of the engine cover a dark, flatter grey.

Hey it looks amazing. Thats how it should of came from factory. Did you sand it down and prime or just spayed and called it a day? Good job bro

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey it looks amazing. Thats how it should of came from factory. Did you sand it down and prime or just spayed and called it a day? Good job bro
AGREE!!! That really looks good; now I'm going to have to copy you, LOL! But on mine, it also says 3.3...

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It'll be fun to paint the engine cover. Be creative and take your time, that's the only piece of advice I could give you.

Here's an original pic of my engine. It didn't even come with an H symbol. lol
That's really crazy that we have the same car but the engine covers are different. Is that also a chrome strut that I saw that you added too? Where did you get that from and how much was it? My GenCoupe has one; I was thinking of taking it out and painting it chrome.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Your ride is looking official

1 - 20 of 106 Posts