Sonata Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
11l/100kms is what I'm getting. But I've been driving it with a pretty heavy foot recently. I have the 2.4L non turbo.

Mileage isn't great but at least I don't have to fill up on 91.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If I figure correctly, in USA terms that is about 33 MPG. On a long trip I have gotten 40 MPG, but generally I am getting 30-39 MPG. With a 2011 GLS. I have check the computer MPG against paper and pencil and they are pretty close. Maybe only a gallon to two apart.

·
Registered
12 Posts
from my 1st fill up with my 2012 SE, 26 mpg in mixed(but mostly in village) driving.

This is my second "next generation" Sonata..and in my 2011, which I drove for 21 months until I jumped into a 2012, I averaged a rock stead 27mpg in mixed driving.

When on the highway and cruise locked in 68-70 mph, I was 33-35 mpg. But in my mostly in town with limited highway driving, I averaged 27..and was pleased at just the right balance of performance and economy.

I passed on the turbo this time, even though I loved the commercials...I decided the extra "weeee"..wasn't quite worth the extra 30 per month on the lease.

·
Registered
4 Posts
With a 2011 turbo I'm getting about 21 mpg around town. It's fairly hilly here and in CA the gas has 10% ethanol, which I hear increases the cost and decreases the mileage. Let's hear it for progress! woo hoo!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
If I figure correctly, in USA terms that is about 33 MPG. On a long trip I have gotten 40 MPG, but generally I am getting 30-39 MPG. With a 2011 GLS. I have check the computer MPG against paper and pencil and they are pretty close. Maybe only a gallon to two apart.

100 km = 61.2 miles; 11 liters is 2.90 gallons. Thats 21 mpg.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm getting around 26MPG in mixed, suburban and rush hour jams. 30-34 highway @ 78MPH depending on headwinds and speed. Mine's a 2012 NN4 cyl. with Automatic trans.

·
Registered
22 Posts
... the gas has 10% ethanol, which I hear increases the cost and decreases the mileage.
10% ethanol reduces fuel mileage by about 10%. I've done the real world checking and verification. Funny thing is, if you crunch the numbers you'll learn we're actually putting MORE harmful gasses into the atmosphere because of the reduced efficiency.

Welcome to the brave new world.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts