Sonata Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been driving a 2010 Maxima for a little over a week now while my 11 Sonata is having some work done. (windows tinted, bla bla bla) I really like the Factory Maxima wheels and think they'd look great on the Sonata.
I just can't seem to find anything stock that's over priced due to it's OEM value.
Guess I'll just have to wait until I'm ready for some blacked out aftermarkets. I think the Black wheels will go well with the Silver paint and tinted windows.

·
Registered
156 Posts
FYI... Nissan wheels have a slightly smaller center bore... 66.1mm

Most Hyundai's (Sonata included) are 67.1mm

1loudassnata has m35 wheels on his, I'm not sure how he was able to fit the wheels on... he said they wiggled? You can always shave a bit off the wheel to make sure it fits... otherwise like you mentioned, go aftermarket.

·
Registered
470 Posts
hyundai's bore size is quite big compared to many other factory sizes... so your best bet is to just go aftermarket or choose wheels within the hyundai/kia segment

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I looked at a set of wheels on the new Veloster yesturday while trying to get my phone functions to work with the bluetooth. There's some pretty cool looking wheels now on the Veloster in 18" size.
Not sure what a set of take offs would run or if they'd even have them but I'll be in the market within the next year for some 18's to 19's for sure.
Probably just go with a wheel N tire combo from tirerack ro where ever else has a good deal.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I looked at a set of wheels on the new Veloster yesturday while trying to get my phone functions to work with the bluetooth. There's some pretty cool looking wheels now on the Veloster in 18" size.
Not sure what a set of take offs would run or if they'd even have them but I'll be in the market within the next year for some 18's to 19's for sure.
Probably just go with a wheel N tire combo from tirerack ro where ever else has a good deal.
I would check the Veloster forums to see if anyone is selling theirs. I got my Gen Coupe 19s for $300 by responding to a gencoupe.com thread.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would check the Veloster forums to see if anyone is selling theirs. I got my Gen Coupe 19s for $300 by responding to a gencoupe.com thread.
That's a good idea, I'll have to check them out after the 1st of the year. I'm gonna run the 16's through the winter so that should give me some time for the Veloster forums to produce some wheels.

·
Registered
156 Posts
thats so cheap 0_o
yeah, but it was a lightly curbed... then I curbed it some more :p I'm sortof careless when driving near curbs, so I didn't want to pay loads of money for something I'd likely curb. I just use touch up paint on the curb marks and it blends in good enough. You can only tell if you look at it up close.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts