Sonata Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was leaning towards 35% all sides and 20% rear windshield cause I live here in NY (law requires 70% VLT on the sides). I had 35 and 20 all around before both on my subaru legacy with black interior. Now the 35's were still see thru during the day but the 20's were nice and dark (could barely see in if at all, got a ticket lol). Now my 06 sonata lx is the light bronze with the light beige interior, so I'm sure the tint will appear lighter. I'm hoping the 35 sides 20 rear won't be too light, nd would 20% all around possibly look better without being too dark? Any pics would help for recommendation, preferably if you have the light beige interior. Basically if the 20's are too dark with the light interior still, ill stick with the 35 on the sides 20 rear windshield. Thanks!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I leaved for a bit in Brooklyn and the cops are really particular about tinting. They can pull you over and search your car because if the tint is too dark it is probable cause and they legally can search your car. It is a cool look, but I am not sure it is worth the hassle.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I leaved for a bit in Brooklyn and the cops are really particular about tinting. They can pull you over and search your car because if the tint is too dark it is probable cause and they legally can search your car. It is a cool look, but I am not sure it is worth the hassle.
definitely not worth the trouble. i would say for a very light tint and get one of those slide up window meshes to block the sun.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I will get some better pics tomorrow but I have the same setup that you mentioned.
35% on all sides
20% on rear windshield
70% on front windshield with 20% sunstrip on top
Came with a lifetime warranty from Tint Master out of New London, CT.
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1370497235.583497.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts